Interview with Lucas Taylor of This is More Than a Place

I was generously given the opportunity to interview my great friend Lucas Taylor of This is More Than a Place and Soleta. I was rather thrilled to do this because several people had pointed me in his direction for an interview. He's a hot commodity in the experimental scene (considering it's rather small. He *is* a great artist though.) He's been a great inspiration to me as a friend, as well as helpful for my art. As always, thank you to Lucas for allowing this! Your work is admired. 

Q: Who are you and what's your deal?

A: I am Lucas Taylor/TIMTAP and I have no idea what my deal is

Q: How would you describe your sound? And how would you describe your sound to a 6 year old child?

A: My sound primarily depends on my mood so it's hard to describe with certainty. If I had to describe my sound to a six year old child it would probably be something like CHUBBA CHUBBA ZEEBO DONWIP TETETETE ZIPPLEFLERB GUBBLY

Q: How did TIMTAP start? What was the click in your head that was like "Yeah, im gonna do this now.”

A: I had always taken a liking to music considering I first started when I was around the age of four so my whole life has been centered towards music and art as a whole. I had originally released one album and three EP's under my own name, however, when I came up with the name This Is More Than A Place (which was originally planned to be an album name) I decided to rerelease it all (except for one EP) under what is now the band name

Q: Do you have any unique philosophy to art or life you feel the need to put out into the world?

A: I wouldn't say it's a unique philosophy per se, I just try to make my art as best as I can while also and true to myself and the original form of the project as well

Q: Where's one place you'd like to perform?

A: Anywhere really, I'm willing to play in any location that maintains a respect

Q: What instruments/programs/etc do you use/play for TIMTAP, and what instruments/programs would you like to incorporate? if any

A: I have yet to do many live shows so the equipment I use is still to be determined since each show has had a very different rig. I hope to incorporate every instrument to ever exist if I could find the room for them


Q: What inspired the name originally? 

A: I can't quite remember what inspired the name originally as the name has too many branches to it for me to try to communicate so I implore others to find their own meaning from it

Q: What's next for the project? where can people continue to listen to your music?

A: I am working on releasing everything on Bandcamp as well as uploading them to Youtube. There anybody who chooses to do so can hear my upcoming album which will (hopefully) be released later this year.

Q: And this one's boring and silly but dream collab?

A: A team of about five of my clones

As said before, thank you to Lucas for the cooperation of my interrogation. Please support his art and music. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aug '26: MUTT's 2026 Recommended Releases of the Month + Introduction

Interview with Will of Pyrogenetic Waste and Melancholy Dreams