Aug '26: MUTT's 2026 Recommended Releases of the Month + Introduction

I feel it necessary to start this blog off with an introduction.

So, what is Music Under Terrible Terms?
MUTT is an (independent) music and art specific blog, based in Wichita, KS. MUTT is to focus mainly on the more miscellaneous & outsider aspects of music rather than be focused on news, events, etc, as many other (great) blogs are based upon. born due to the death of BrooklynVegan, I was inspired to create a music blog that bares no similarity to the now gutted press. Somewhat of a "million Charlie Kirks" philosophy. I want to see this blog as a bit of an oddity shop but also as a general appreciation for music and on-going interesting scenes and movements. Expect interviews with musicians, media lists, semi-satire, and art analysis.

Where'd the name come from? 
I needed something to fit into the acronym MUTT because it sounded cool, simple as. I was inspired by the fact that music, as an art form, is dumbed down to it's social self in a lot of popular music publication. Musicians are under terrible contact to focus on anything *but* the creative aspects. When was the last time pop stars were seen as creatives in the public light? My goal with this project is to subvert that.

The basic philosophy of MUTT is that music should be seen beyond the borders of genre and the patrionizing of a system based on capital. I want to document what I find interesting in music and art and create a creative space for collaboration as well.



I think the appropriate thing to do is to share what is to hopefully be the first of a series of posts and a bit of a scene-setter for this blog. A list of well-recommended and underappreciated releases.


Dead Housewife - Kiss (2026 ANW EP)
Dead Housewife is an artist I've been interested in since hearing Jane Doe a year or two ago. I don't know why, but several albums covers and titles have stuck in my mind since then. They're striking. Ken Estes' newest release under the alias is cold and dry classic ANW. It's what I like to hear in the genre ambient noise wall. The sound of rocks tumbling under a waterfall in water-logged ears. It's short and sweet but leaves you with a sense of refreshed dread. I'd compare it to the sound of being drowned.

Chalk - Get Fucked (2026 Electroclash single)
I found myself in a bit of a Crystalpunk loop earlier this year when the record came out, in the mood for something industrial inspired but danceable. It's a good record for driving to a new relationship's house in the summer full of energy. Something to throw on the aux when you're around friends. It's socially acceptable post-punk that somehow struck a cord with me. It's a truly "social media generation" album, in the way that only this generation would mix alt-pop with industrial rock. That being said, this isn't about that album. Get Fucked is a follow-up single that greatly confused me on first listen.vIt's more aggressive than the album, with the cover being the same gloves hand flipping off the camera. Sonically, it's much more electro-clashy. It, in my opinion, feels one-off but, as said by Ratetyourmusic user Reconvalescent, "fucks hard." Originally intended for the album, it was reworked to be a single. I'd argue it's definitely intended for an atmosphere of moving, warm bodies under hot lights, despite the pissed tone of it.

World Peace - For No Man Shall See Me and Live (2026 Powerviolence album)
"How heavy were talking about? Light heavy like Linkin park? Or I shit my pants heavy like Slayer or Slipknot"
World Peace's chaotic, bass-guitar only PV release follows the beautiful, unending trend of PV releases being shorter than many-a metal track. At only 6 minutes in length, this release is impressively impactful. It's Feedback heavy manic violence, and the heaviest shit I've listened to from this year. It's much on the heavier side of PV rather than the chaotic, often less serious, hardcore punk side. I request all readers show this release to their grandma.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Lucas Taylor of This is More Than a Place

Interview with Will of Pyrogenetic Waste and Melancholy Dreams